Please like my new page on Facebook

Please like my new page on Facebook
Skinny Without Willpower

Friday, September 11, 2009

A FURTHER TESTIMONY IN SUPPORT OF SATURATED FAT

Today the world's oldest person Gertrude Baines died at the age of 115. Guess what were her favorite foods? Crispy bacon, fried chicken and ice cream. Also the oldest human to ever live, Jeanne Louise Calment who lived in Arles, France, died at the age of 122. She consumed 2 pounds of chocolate every week. Her doctor convinced her to give up sweets at 119 and she died 3 yrs later. She attributed her longevity to her sense of humor and her attitude of not taking anything seriously. I have a feeling she would have lived even longer had the doctor not persuaded her give up chocolate. She perhaps got withdrawal symptoms and ended up in depression which in turn caused her to die 3 yrs later. I don't understand her doctor's thinking. I mean why fix something that has worked for 119 yrs? Duh!

So don't worry be happy and like my good friend says 'happy people live longer'. OK, time to go and have my butter omelet!

2 comments:

  1. "I don't understand her doctor's thinking. I mean why fix something that has worked for 119 yrs? Duh!"

    That's exactly right...

    Hope you are doing well, mamma

    (via facebook :)
    Chandu (OUCT se)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing well Chandu. How are you doing? Still in AZ?

    Yogi.

    ReplyDelete